Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ready for the Cabin!!

Spring is starting to show its signs around here...we won't talk about the dusting of snow we just had. When things start to turn green we start thinking about the cabin. We are lucky enough to live 1 1/2 hours away from the Hamer family cabin in Menomenie, Wi. It is a great get away for us. The kiddos and Erik had their first overnight of the year this past weekend. He decided to pack up the kids and have an adventure. They had the traditional stop at White Castle and they were off. I got to stay home and finish Eclipse (the third book in the Twlight series)..Thanks Erik! I asked them what they liked about the cabin..and this time it was playing on the bunk beds. Everyone is in a better mood at the cabin. We love to explore the lake . The cabin is on a very shallow end of the lake and over time has developed different sand islands that we get to explore. The new thing at the cabin this year will be sailing. The Apple Valley clan is going to learn to sail. I have to say that I am excited about spending time at the cabin this year. No paper route to keep us in Apple Valley this year. Hooray! Who will come with us?


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We will!!! We must plan a cabin trip soon!

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

I want to go to the cabin! Is there room for 7 more? I just started twilight. I can't put it down. This is horrible. I don't have time for this.Ü