Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's all about pumpkins

We had another recipe night tonight. Let me tell you something about these ladies...give them a theme and it is AMAZING what they come up with to eat. Oh boy, did we feast. Our theme for the night was pumpkin. Anything Pumpkin. There were breads, cookies, cakes, desserts muffins, pies, bars
and not just one..but THREE different yummy soups.
These girlies can cook! I loved getting to try things that I have never had before. I loved hearing that these things really aren't that hard to make. I am now ready to spring the new pumpkin recipes on my fam!

I have to point out another great part of this night. This might be my favorite part of the night...that's saying a lot because I like me some food...
I love spending time with these guys!
I love talking to them. I love laughing with them. They are so much fun to be around.
I also enjoy a night out and the chance to not come home until after the kiddos are in bed..thank you Erik : )
Super fun Loni...thanks for hosting the night!
Here's what I brought. (It is pictured above next to the bowl of whipping cream in the 9x13 pan)
Pumpkin Dessert
Combine:
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 29 oz (or 2 15 oz) can packed pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Pour mixture into a sprayed 9x13 pyrex pan.
Cut 3/4 c softened butter into a yellow cake mix.
Crumble over top of pumpkin mixture.
Sprinkle 1 c chopped pecans on top.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Best served warm with whipped cream!
ENJOY!

Thank you Stacey P. for the incredible pumpkin dessert recipe! It is oh-so-enjoyable!

5 comments:

Scrappycook said...

I love all things pumpkin! i wish I were there!

The Minnesota Preators said...

It looks beautiful...glad it turned out :)!

Louise said...

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh looks soooooooooo goooooooood. Why do you torture me with many pictures of desserts when all I have in the house is RAMEN?!!! Cathy make pregnant lady saaaad :-(

Unknown said...

I would have brought my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Cookies. PS Can you help me figure out why my Blog is showing up as 4 weeks old? I posted yesterday...

Cynthia said...

It all looks delicious! Wish I could have been there!! Thanks for the recipe, I'm always looking to add to my arsenal.