Monday, July 26, 2010

The new home

I grew up in this house.
Our family has lived on Upper Terrace for almost 30 years. We moved here to Minnesota and I entered the first grade. I have no memory of our Ohio house, or our New Jersey home or our New York house. Only Minnesota. I was a good home.

My parents have decided that it is finally time to move. To be honest, I am really not feeling sad about this move. I am excited for my parents. Their new home is going to be perfect for their needs. We now get to build new memories of going to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Apple Valley.They are now going to live about ten minutes away. The kiddos are looking forward to riding their bikes to their new house, swimming in their lake and having over nights in the new house. We are excited to have them as neighbors.

6 comments:

The Zenn family said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive. Good for your parents. That's really great they are so close to you. Enjoy!

Carol said...

It's amazing -- I can hardly believe it!! I can't wait to see the new house in person.

Grandma said...

Thanks for blogging. When I see the picture of the old house, I miss it. But it's going to be fun building new memories in the new house. I don't know if we'll accumulate as many years in this house as the last one. 30 years is a long time.

Jean said...

Yeah, you are back! I have missed your blogs. The new house looks great.Speaking as a grandma, I'm glad the new digs are nearer to you and your kiddos. Have fun making new memories there.

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Cathy :)

groovesocket said...

Welcome back to blogging. Ironically just yesterday I was scanning old family photos and came across pics of our trip to your Ohio house and to Kings Island. I actually have a pic of your Ohio house. Let me know if you or your parents want the pic.