Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas at Macys

A fun thing to do each Christmas time is take the kids downtown to see the Macy's display. I did this when I was a child...when the store was still Dayton's, but now it is Macy's. This year's display is titled, "The Day and the Life of an Elf." Have you ever wondered what it is like to live in the north pole and work at Santa's toy shop? Macy's has the answer. Here are some of our favorite parts of their day.

They wake from their bunks...

and after a yummy breakfast they build cute snow men. Once that is done they go to work at Santa's Workshop. To get there, they get to pass they singing Christmas trees.
These trees were singing and tapping their present feet.
The animals get to help decorate the trees.
The elves sort all the mail from the kids.
Santa gets a lot of mail..these three are amazed.
Once they make it to work they are VERY busy baking, building and painting.
and trying to stay out of trouble.
At the end of the Macy's display is the Macy's Santa. I was sort of hoping that Santa would break out into Danish or send me to Gimbals for a better deal..(I love the movie Miracle on 34th Street and Macys always reminds me of it). Emily skipped the Santa part, but the boys got their wishes in...Ryan went along "for the Sport of it." On our way out we stopped for hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is so yummy.

6 comments:

Sabale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

What a wonderful family experience. Was it crowded?

Julie W said...

I remember my mom taking me there as a teenager. Mostly I remember the crowds of people. It was always amazing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

You guys have so many fun things to do out there in MN. And you are good at finding them!! What a great outing!

Louise said...

Looks like you had fun! Sorry we couldn't make it... we're cold weather wussies!